Whats the difference between the three Oscar models?
What fruits are best to juice in the Oscar DA1000?
- The Oscar DA 1000 has an adjustable drum cap can produce 3-5% more juice than the Oscar DA 900.
- The Oscar Classic (DA 950) is a special edition Oscar that features a modern trendy design, a slightly wider feeding tube, a pusher with a silicone ring for softer fruit, and an extra juicing strainer suitable for juicing soft fruit.
- The Oscar DA 900's award winning design has been carried forward and enhanced in later models.
How do I use the adjustment nozzle?
- The adjustment nozzle needs to be adjusted as you juice different produce, because different materials require different adjustments. It is something that you get used to when using the machine, and you will learn with experience by checking the pulp as it comes out. The tighter the adjustment nozzle, the more strain you put on your machine and front end parts, because you are making the hole or the gap for the pulp to come out slightly smaller.
- For example carrots are a hard vegetable and should not be juiced on setting 5 (the tightest setting), but rather on setting 3-4. This setting is also suitable for apples. When juicing big chunks of produce including wheatgrass, rather use a lower setting such as setting 3 because if you try to push through big chunks, it is quite a struggle for the machine.
- For softer vegetables and green leafy veg, use setting 5. Please remember setting 5 is the tightest setting.
- For more info, please watch this video clip where Michael demonstrates the machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDuYH7gblY
What are the details of the warranty?