The KoMo Grain Mills are world class mill's designed by master craftsman, Wolfgang Mock. Imported from Austria,they are precision engineered,assuring the highest quality materials and craftsmanship.
Freshly milled grains are far more nourishing and flavorful than flours which are weeks or even days old.
The KoMo Medium grain mill uses advanced corundum/ceramic burrs and a strong, high efficiency motor. Its solid beechwood hopper holds 1 lb., 15 oz. of grain—enough for over two pounds of whole grain bread.
The grind of the Medium is continuously adjustable from fine flour to coarse meal and cracked grain, simply by turning the hopper bowl to align its index mark with the graphic scale on the front of the mill. As with all KoMo grinders, cleanup is minimal and easy, and access to the milling chamber takes just a moment, without tools.
- All KoMo mills are equipped with specially developed electric motors that provide reliable and efficient, yet quiet power.
- Most dry grains can be ground, including wheat (both hard and soft), oat groats (dehulled oats), rice, triticale, kamut, spelt, buckwheat, barley, rye, millet, teff, quinoa, amaranth, sorghum and dent (field) corn. It will also grind spices, lentils and dry beans (pinto, red, garbanzo, kidney, etc.) It isn't suitable for herbs, oilseeds like flax or sesame, popcorn, or fibrous materials.
- Easy to clean. Access to the milling stones takes just ten seconds, without tools. A sealed wooden lid keeps everything clean between uses.
- The excellence of engineering and construction means that your mill can be expected to last a lifetime with normal use.
- Constructed from sustainably sourced, solid native beechwood and finished with organic oils
- No high heat used in the milling process - freshly milled flour from the KoMo exits the shoot at a temperature only sightly warm to the touch
25 years ago, German inventor Wolfgang Mock began experimenting with various combinations of crystal and ceramic to develop an extremely robust new millstone. The resulting stone he created combines corundum and ceramic for an extremely rough surface that barely wears down at all after many years of use. These superior millstones used in all KoMo grain mills not only grind grain quickly but are virtually indestructible.
A patented milling mechanism that features noise dampening suspensions eliminates the loud grinding noise of most other grain mills so that you can grind virtually anything without irritating your ears or your nerves!
For household use
- adjustable from very fine to course
- not suitable to mill seeds and nuts as it clogs the stones.
Suitable for these Grains:
- F Chickpeas
- E Beans
- D Oats
- C Millet, Quinoa
- B Corn/Maize
- A Barley, Rye, Spelt, Wheat
Socially Responsible Manufacturing
KoMo has partnered with a non-profit workshop program located in western Austria which provides employment to able bodied individuals as well as those with disabilities. An enormous pride of workmanship is present in this organization which employs modern management techniques and the latest precision machinery to manufacture the hardwood housings of all KoMo grain mills.
A choice for HEALTHY living, grind your own grains for maximum nutrition and taste!