Chocolate is one of the world's most well-loved foods. The good news is that it has amazing health properties too.The key to chocolate's health properties seems to be eating it in it's raw, natural state. When cacao beans are excessively heated, melted, processed and chemicalised they lose key nutrient qualities.
Did you know?
All chocolate comes from cacao beans, the seeds of the cacao fruit which grows on a jungle tree. Botanically, cacao is truly a nut.
Healthy properties found in raw cacoa:
- Increases the overall vigour of the heart muscle.
- Decreases blood coagulation thus lowering blood pressure and helping the heart pump more effectively.
Natural Anti-Depressant Properties:
- Cacao is a great source of serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine, three well-studied neurotransmitters, which help alleviate depression and are associated with feelings of well being.
- Cacao contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO Inhibitors) that improve our mood because they allow serotonin and dopamine to remain in the bloodstream longer without being broken down.
- Cacao contains anandamide which delivers blissful feelings.
- Cacao contains significant quantities of the amino acid tryptophan which is yet another powerful mood-enhancing nutrient.
- Cacao also contains B vitamins, which are associated with brain health.
Lose weight, eat chocolate!
- Chocolate diminishes appetite. There is actually no scientific evidence to implicate chocolate consumption with obesity. In fact the reverse seems to be the case. Eating cacao helps one to lose weight by allowing you to eat less!
- Certified Organic
- Raw food
- Contains NO harmful toxins or THC
We are here to help! Friendly, efficient service is just a call or email away!
A choice for GREEN & HEALTHY living, eat natural foods that support health and well being!